Sunday, 6 July 2014

An Amazing Primer: Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base


I've come to the realisation that I have oily eyelids, despite my skin being dry and dehydrated my eyelids somehow have a mind of their own. I also have slightly hooded eyes and the combination of oily and hooded makes it impossible for eyeshadow to stay on my lids without creasing or smudging.

This is where eye primers come in. I was under the impression that most of the eyeshadow primers on the market are pretty comparable but the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base (£19.50) has far outshone my Urban Decay Primer Potion (£16) .

I've tried the Primer Potion time and time again and although it helps keep the eyeshadow on for longer it has done nothing for the creasing on my lids. So on a whim I decided to try the Nars Primer, and I'm so glad that I did. Having used this I doubt I will bother with trying any other primers as this does exactly what I need it to. It stops my eyeshadow from budging or creasing all day long. I've even been using it under my eyes as a primer for  my under eye concealer and it works great there too.

I'm so happy that I chose to try this primer, its made me more confident to wear eyeshadow on a daily basis because I know that my eyes wont end up looking like a mess. I think I may even try a black smokey eye soon which I couldn't do before because the creases showed up far too much through the black shadow.

Have you tried this or the Urban Decay Primer Potion? Let me know your thoughts! 

5 comments:

  1. Miss. Louise7 July 2014 09:41

    my eyelids are probably the only part of my face that's oily! I've tried all of the hyped primers out there....except this one! Definitely going to check it out now!



    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it works for you too! Perhaps go to a Nars counter and ask them to try it on you first? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about this primer, i really want to try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have problems with eyeshadow staying in place you should definitely try it! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having oily eyelids is a blessing! It means that your eye area will age much slower :)
    I also have oily eyelids, while I use primer potion it isn't perfect. I'll give this a try when I run out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. I always reply to comments and would love to talk to you!